Collection ASU0019 - College of Engineering records

Identity elements

Reference code


Name and location of repository

Level of description



College of Engineering records


  • 1952-1988 (Creation)


4 Boxes

Name of creator

Administrative history

The College of Engineering (previously named the School of Engineering) was established in 1947. The College is housed in the McArthur Engineering building, a 120,000-square-foot complex with state-of-the-art laboratories and facilities, which is comprised of five departments that offer BS, MS, PhD and executive education programs in Biomedical Engineering; Civil, Architectural and Environmental Engineering; Electrical and Computer Engineering; Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering; and Industrial Engineering. The College of Engineering is recognized for the quality and diversity of its faculty, students, and curricula and is noted for educating tomorrow’s technology leaders for career success.

Content and structure elements

Scope and content

This collection contains official records and various reports of the School of Engineering from 1952 to 1988.

System of arrangement

Conditions of access and use elements

Conditions governing access

Physical access

Technical access

Conditions governing reproduction

Languages of the material

  • English

Scripts of the material

Language and script notes

Finding aids

Generated finding aid

Acquisition and appraisal elements

Custodial history

Immediate source of acquisition

Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information


Related materials elements

Existence and location of originals

Existence and location of copies

Related archival materials

Related descriptions

Notes element

Specialized notes

Alternative identifier(s)

Description control element

Rules or conventions

Sources used

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Genre access points

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related genres

Related places