Name and location of repository
Level of description
- 1957-1993 (Creation)
Name of creator
Cesare Emiliani (8 December 1922 - 20 July 1995) was an Italian-American scientist, considered one of the greatest geologists and micropaleontologists of the 20th century and the founder of paleoceanography.
Cesare Emiliani was honored by having the genus Emiliania erected as home for the taxon huxleyi, which had previousiy been assigned to Coccolithus. He was further honored by receiving the Vega Medal of the Swedish Royal Geographic Society in 1983, and the Alexander Agassiz Medal of the U.S. National Academy of Sciences in 1989 for his isotopic studies on Pleistocene and Holocene planktic foraminifera.
Content and structure elements
Scope and content
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use elements
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Languages of the material
Scripts of the material
Language and script notes
Generated finding aid
Acquisition and appraisal elements
Immediate source of acquisition
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information
Related materials elements
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related archival materials
The University of Miami Libraries holds the following titles by Cesare Emiliani:
Emiliani, Cesare. Dei Sepolcri = On Sepulchres. Miami, Fla.: Interpress, 1976.
UM Archives PQ4689 .D4 1976
- --. Dictionary Of The Physical Sciences: Terms, Formulas, Data. New York: Oxford University Press, 1987.
UM Archives Q123 .E46 1987
- --. The Haua Fteah (Cyrenaica) And The Stone Age Of The South-East Mediterranean. London: Cambridge U. P., 1967.
Marine Lib. Stacks GN784.7.H8 M3
- --. Planet Earth: Cosmology, Geology, And The Evolution Of Life And Environment. New York: Cambridge University Press, 1992.
UM Archives QB631 .E55 1992
- --. The Scientific Companion: Exploring The Physical World With Facts, Figures, And Formulas. New York: Wiley, 1988.
UM Archives QB981 .E58 1988
- --. The Scientific Companion: Exploring The Physical World With Facts, Figures, And Formulas. New York: Wiley, 1995.
UM Archives QB981 .E58 1995