Name and location of repository
Level of description
Mark Hampton FAIA
- 2010 (Creation)
Name of creator
Courses in architecture were offered at the University of Miami as early as 1927. By 1983, after President Tad Foote's arrival, the architecture program became independent from the School of Engineering and developed into the School of Architecture. New campus quarters established at Building 49 (Dickinson Drive) and part of first floor of adjacent Eaton student residences. Elizabeth Plater-Zyberk became a member of the architecture faculty in 1979 and was appointed the Dean of the School in 1995.
Content and structure elements
Scope and content
This publication accompanies the fall 2010 exhibition of Mark Hampton's work at the School of Architecture. The idea for the exhibition emerged from a symposium held at the School three years earlier, titled "Under the Sun: Sustainable Innovations and Traditions", organized by Professor Sonia Chao, Director of the Center for Urban and Community Design.