Name and location of repository
Level of description
School of Architecture Archives
Name of creator
Courses in architecture were offered at the University of Miami as early as 1927. By 1983, after President Tad Foote's arrival, the architecture program became independent from the School of Engineering and developed into the School of Architecture. New campus quarters established at Building 49 (Dickinson Drive) and part of first floor of adjacent Eaton student residences. Elizabeth Plater-Zyberk became a member of the architecture faculty in 1979 and was appointed the Dean of the School in 1995.
Content and structure elements
Scope and content
This collection contains publications, announcements, administrative papers, and ephemera associated with the University of Miami School of Architecture. It includes an executive summary, Seventy + Years of Architectural Education at the University of Miami, by Prof. Ralph Warburton, which consists of photocopied documents of administrative records compiled mostly from University Archives. They are arranged chronologically from 1950-2002 in a ring binder. Thecollection also contains correspondence, newsletters, graphics, announcements, invitations, project files, and SoA related ephemera.
System of arrangement