University of Miami. Department of Industrial Education

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

University of Miami. Department of Industrial Education

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

The Industrial Education Department is now part of the the College of Engineering.  The College grew out of an engineering science major in the College of Arts and Sciences from 1942 to 1947, when the Board of Trustees established the School of Enginering with Professor John H. Clouse as Dean.  It opened with the electrical, industrial, and mechanical engineering departments, followed by civil in 1948 and architectural in 1950.  The school was housed in the old Anastasia Building in the first 12 years, then moved to the McArthur Bilding on Main Campus in 1959.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

local

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC