Name and location of repository
Level of description
Design Build Studio
- 2011 (Publication)
Name of creator
Courses in architecture were first offered at the University of Miami as early as 1926, however programs in architecture and the allied arts did not survive the effects of the Great Miami Hurricane, and the Great Depression. Architectural engineering courses resurfaced under the auspices of the School of Engineering in the late 1940s following World War II, and by 1983, during President Thaddeus "Tad" Foote's administration, the Department of Architecture became independent from the School of Engineering developing into the School of Architecture proper. New campus quarters established at Building 49 (Dickinson Drive) and part of first floor of the adjacent Eaton student residences. The first Dean of the School was John Thomas Regan (1983-1989).
Content and structure elements
Scope and content
This is Vol. 1 of Design Build Studio which was produced in conjunction with University of Miami School of Architecture Design Build Studio course. The project was to create a small structure /pavilion to serve as an informal check out area and place of rest for customers visiting a plant nursery.