Name and location of repository
Level of description
University of Miami School of Architecture News Fall 1987 Vol. 2, No. 1: San Giorgio Maggiore
- 1987 (Publication)
Name of creator
Courses in architecture were offered at the University of Miami as early as 1927. By 1983, after President Tad Foote's arrival, the architecture program became independent from the School of Engineering and developed into the School of Architecture. New campus quarters established at Building 49 (Dickinson Drive) and part of first floor of adjacent Eaton student residences. Elizabeth Plater-Zyberk became a member of the architecture faculty in 1979 and was appointed the Dean of the School in 1995.
Content and structure elements
Scope and content
"San Giorgio Maggiore," an illustration by Aleli De La Vega (fifth year student) and Joseph Pubillones (fifth year student) from Special Topics: Palladio Facade Studies, summer session, 1987.