Name and location of repository
Level of description
The Technique of Traditional Town Planning.
- 1998 (Creation)
Name of creator
Courses in architecture were offered at the University of Miami as early as 1927. By 1983, after President Tad Foote's arrival, the architecture program became independent from the School of Engineering and developed into the School of Architecture. New campus quarters established at Building 49 (Dickinson Drive) and part of first floor of adjacent Eaton student residences. Elizabeth Plater-Zyberk became a member of the architecture faculty in 1979 and was appointed the Dean of the School in 1995.
Content and structure elements
Scope and content
The School of Architecture's annual professional continuing education course offering took place for the first time as a nationally advertised conference at the Biltmore Hotel. It offered credit for architects, landscape architects, and planners. Over a three-day period, presenters covered topics ranging from the design of traditional neighborhoods, to their marketing and financing, and appropriate traffic engineering. UMSA students were invited to attend for free. The seminar was held on January 28, 30 and 31, 1998 (spiral bound photo copy). Call Number: NA9010.5 .T44 1998